01 January 2015

DENTINE HYPERSENSITIVITY



Sensitivity occurs due to loss of enamel (outer most layer of crown structure) or cementum (outer most layer of root structure) which leads to the exposure of the underlying dentin. So the main reason of sensitivity is exposure of dentin.


How do you know if you have sensitive teeth?

You may have sensitive teeth if you experience short, sharp pain in response to cold, heat, and pressure. Common triggers of sensitive teeth can be
- Cold or hot drinks
- Cold air
- Some dental proceduresSome of the most common causes of sensitive teeth include:

abrasion cavity 

attrition due to 








Why dentine layer exposed?
Receding Gums
Receding gums can be caused by conditions such as gum disease, which can expose the tooth's dentine and cause sensitivity. In contrast, brushing too hard with hard bristle toothbrush also will damage the tooth surface.
Brushing
Brushing too vigorously and hard bristle toothbrush can cause receding gums, causing further exposure of the dentine.
Gum Disease
When gum disease gets worse and damages the tissues and bone that support the teeth. One sign of periodontitis is sensitive teeth, as the receding gums leave dentine exposed. 
Teeth Grinding
If you grind your teeth when you sleep or during the day, you may be wearing down enamel.

  •        Prevent gum disease by practice good oral hygiene.
  •      Use a toothpaste specially formulated to treat the pain of sensitive
               teeth
  •      Don't brush too hard.
  •      Use a soft toothbrush, preferably one designed especially for sensitive 
               teeth
  •      Avoid acidic foods that can wear away tooth enamel, such as wine, 
              vinegar salad dressings and soft drinks.
  •      Avoid grinding your teeth. Ask your dentist about a mouth guard for 
              night time use.
  •       See your dentist for regular check-ups, dental care recommendations and advice for your        
              sensitive teeth.

9 comments:

  1. Greate pieces. Keep posting such kind of information on your page. Im really impressed by it.
    Gum Disease Receding Gums Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll immediately grab your rss feed as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you've any? Kindly permit me understand so that I may subscribe. Thanks. Best Natural Treatment For Receding Gums

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to know so much approximately this, such as you wrote the e book in it or something. I feel that you simply could do with some p.c. to force the message house a little bit, but other than that, that is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I'll certainly be back. Receding Gum Treatment At Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this web site before but after browsing through some of the articles I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely pleased I came across it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back often! Receding Gums Causes And Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now not positive the place you're getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend a while finding out more or working out more.How To Reverse Receding Gums Without Surgery
    Thank you for magnificent info I used to be searching for this info for my mission.|

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm no longer sure the place you are getting your info, however good topic. I needs to spend some time studying more or understanding more. Thank you for fantastic info I was in search of this info for my mission. Receding Gum Line Treatment At Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really loving the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A number of my blog visitors have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any ideas to help fix this problem? Reverse Gum Disease Receding Gums Naturally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it.  Braces Specialits in Bhopal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Dental implant in jaipur

    ReplyDelete